Use our data
We have the most trusted data about philanthropy and civil society.
How can we help you get the information you need?
Custom nonprofit data services
More than 2.7 million nonprofits
Our nonprofits data experts will work with you to get the exact data and insights that you need. You can select from hundreds of data points on millions of nonprofits, based on more than 8 different data sources.
Custom foundation data services
More than 100,000 foundations and 12.5 million grants
Our research staff can produce customized versions of the data tables and rankings you see in our research studies. Searches commonly performed include summary financial data tables, recipient or foundation rankings, and tables showing grant distribution patterns by subject area, type of support, recipient type, population group, and geographic area.
Application programming interfaces (APIs)
Incorporate our data into your systems and applications
The most extensive nonprofit, foundation, and grant information available. Candid compiles data from a number of sources, including direct reporting of activities, results, grants from nonprofits and foundations, IRS information returns (Forms 990 and 990-PF), foundation websites, and other public sources—more than 35 diverse information sources to verify the details in our databases.
GuideStar APIs let you:
- Embed a charity search into your website, intranet, and programs
- Incorporate nonprofit data into an app or program
- Verify the status of individual organizations or several nonprofits at once
- Obtain public school information
Foundation Center APIs offer:
- Lists of funders, recipients or grants based on issue area, location, population served or other criteria
- Summary statistics on funding
- Autoclassification of you data according to our Philanthropy Classification System (PCS) and other taxonomies
That’s not all. Our data fuels powerful tools you might be interested in.
- GuideStar Pro This tool offers insight into the entire landscape of nonprofits in the United States. Search for and analyze individual organizations or a cohort. Learn more
- Foundation Directory Online To win grants, you need the most up-to-date, complete information you can get about grantmakers and the grants they've made. How can you get that? Only from the comprehensive database and powerful search tools Foundation Directory Online offers. Learn more
- Foundation Maps What is being funded around the world? Where is funding going? And who is providing it? Drill down in these interactive data visualizations by geographic area, subject area, population(s) served, type of support, and overlay demographic information to explore the funding landscape. Learn more