32 Old Slip, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10005-3500
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 am-5:00 pm
Candid is monitoring COVID-19 developments and will be making changes to in-person programming as necessary. Please check GrantSpace.org for updates and note that we offer online programming.
Our New York Library will be temporarily closed starting Thursday, March 12.
We take the health and safety of our visitors as a priority, and we appreciate your understanding of this situation.
For further information on the library hours, please call (212) 620-4230 or visit this website.
Important information about your visit
At 32 Old Slip, you will be required to present photo identification to building security and obtain a visitor pass at the Visitor Services Desk before proceeding to our space on the 24th floor. The Visitor Services Desk is located at the south entrance of the building. Valid forms of identification include a driver's license, passport, military ID, or similar form of photo identification.
Please note that all nuts and nut products are prohibited in our New York location.
We are located at 32 Old Slip between Front Street and South Street.
Our office is conveniently located near several subway stops:
- 4 or 5 train to Wall Street (7-minute walk)
- 2 or 3 train to Wall Street (5-minute walk)
- R train to Whitehall Street (7-minute walk)
- J or Z train to Broad Street (5-minute walk)
212 620 4230
There will always be a Social Sector Librarian at our library that will guide you on how to use Candid resources. To request an orientation, or to request a specific Candid class for a group, contact:
Elizabeth Zevada, Program Manager, New York Learning Center
In your email please specify details about your organization, the number of people that will participate, and what are you trying to achieve. Please be mindful that we need at least two weeks in advance to plan for the orientation or class.
Services for people with disabilities
To ensure equitable access to our library and training resources for all, Candid is committed to providing services to individuals with disabilities. These services include but are not limited to:
In the New York Learning Center's library:
- We offer wheelchair-accessible reference desk and computer workstations.
- We provide free photocopying for up to 10 pages from books and other library resources, within the parameters of copyright laws, as required to provide equal access.
- For visitors with visual impairments, we make our reader services available for up to one hour, with an appointment made at least a week in advance.
- We provide a handheld magnifier for use up to one hour per visit.
Related to the New York Learning Center's training programs:
- We welcome individuals with disabilities to bring their own ASL (American Sign Language) interpreters, language interpreters, or caretakers to support them during in-person training events. We kindly request advanced notice at least 1 week prior and will do our best to accommodate (subject to space availability). Due to resource constraints, Candid does not provide interpreters.
- For training programs and other events outside of New York City, we ask that you coordinate with our team at least 2 weeks in advance (email us at email@example.com).
- For those unable to attend in-person programming, we offer:
- Many of our self-paced online courses offer closed captioned content and afford you the flexibility to move through the course at your own pace, while also saving on travel costs. An example is our Online Proposal Writing Course. You will find that it contains similar content as the Proposal Writing Boot Camp and the videos included there are all closed captioned. View full listing of other self-paced online courses. Please connect with our team in advance to verify closed captioned content, as it is not applicable to all courses.
For those interested in books and publications and are unable to travel to our New York Learning Center:
- Check out our online library; it offers free access to a vast array of eBooks.
For those wanting to connect with one of our expert librarians:
- Check out our ‘Ask Us’ page, where online chat services are available 9:30 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
Please feel free to contact us at (212) 620-4230 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your special needs in advance of a visit.