Our 2030 vision
We envision a social sector capable of tackling the critical challenges and opportunities of our time.
We developed this vision with critical input from our audiences—nonprofits, funders, and other partners—and through many iterations led by a staff working group.
The 2030 vision’s 10-year frame reflects the long-view required to tackle enduring challenges. It builds on Candid’s unique ability to be the information infrastructure that supports organizations as they work toward their missions. Candid will collect, analyze, and distribute data and insights about the work of the social sector, organized around five strategies:
- Real time: Build a real time global data collection system to capture funding flows, news, and outcomes
- Common profile: Establish common profiles with key information on social sector organizations to optimize transparency and reduce redundancy
- Real places: Create place-based networks to access Candid data and connect with other changemakers
- Full view: Weave Candid datasets together to share all that is known about the social sector accessibly and intuitively
- Full story: Explain the social sector’s contributions to society through fresh insights grounded in a multi-year research agenda
We’re proud to share with you our 2030 vision.
“We help the helpers. Our goal over the next decade is to build an information infrastructure that supports organizations tackling the greatest issues of our time.”
–Jacob Harold, Executive Vice President
More from Jacob on the visioning process in his blog post.
After you read it, we’d like to hear from you.
How would you like to see us operationalize this vision? What actions would you like to see us take to achieve our goals?