32 Old Slip, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10005-3500
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 am-5:00 pm
Wednesday, October 9-Friday, October 11: Closed for internal conference
Wednesday, October 23-Friday, October 25: Closed for staff retreat
Important information about your visit
At 32 Old Slip, you will be required to present photo identification to building security and obtain a visitor pass at the Visitor Services Desk before proceeding to our space on the 24th floor. The Visitor Services Desk is located at the south entrance of the building. Valid forms of identification include a driver's license, passport, military ID, or similar form of photo identification.
Please note that all nuts and nut products are prohibited in our New York location.
We are located at 32 Old Slip between Front Street and South Street.
Our office is conveniently located near several subway stops:
- 4 or 5 train to Wall Street (7-minute walk)
- 2 or 3 train to Wall Street (5-minute walk)
- R train to Whitehall Street (7-minute walk)
- J or Z train to Broad Street (5-minute walk)
212 620 4230
To request an orientation or college class visit (minimum of 20 students), or to request a specific Candid class for a group, contact:
Susan Shiroma, Senior Social Sector Librarian
Services for People with Disabilities
To ensure equitable access to our library resources for all, Candid is committed to providing services to individuals with disabilities. These services include but are not limited to:
In the Library:
- Wheelchair-accessible reference desk and computer workstations
- Free photocopying of a reasonable number of pages from books and other library resources, within the parameters of copyright laws, as required to provide equal access
- For visitors with visual impairments, reader services are available for up to one hour. (Advance notice is requested.)
- Handheld magnifier
In Our Training Annex:
- ASL signers provided for Candid trainings and special programs. Two weeks' notice is requested to allow for contracting with outside agencies. Attendees are encouraged to contact us in advance of on-site programs they plan to attend to discuss other accommodations.
- For visitors with hearing impairments, a signer is available upon request for our scheduled training sessions (advance notice is required).
- For other accommodations related to our training sessions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loans of Center-issued publications, and selected publications by other publishers, are available to individuals whose disabilities make visiting a Candid New York library or Funding Information Network location either impossible or a hardship. Learn More
Please feel free to contact us at (212) 620-4230 to let us know of your special needs in advance of a visit.
Note: In 2018, we will spend more time in the community and online to meet users where they are, and also offer more innovative programming within our space as well. To accommodate these plans, we are modifying public access hours for Candid New York. Effective January 2018, the New York Library will be open to the public during the following hours: Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. These new hours only affect general research within our library space, as we will often use the library for special programming during days in which we are not open for general research.