Technology Intern (2 internships available)
Candid seeks a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented intern to work closely with the Candid development staff to review, refine, test, and document software.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Technology Intern (2 internships available)
Senior Director of Software Engineering
19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm. Option to work up to 35 hours per week during summer.
LOCATION: Williamsburg, VA or New York, NY (due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position may be remote until our offices reopen)
Candid (candid.org), the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy, seeks a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented intern to work closely with the Candid development staff to review, refine, test, and document software.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, the ability to think and learn quickly, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and an appreciation for the activities of the nonprofit sector.
- Ability to develop in either Python or Microsoft .NET.
- Work within an Agile Development framework.
- Design, implementation, and support of automated unit and integration tests.
- Work closely with Product Teams to understand the “definition of done”.
- Exposure to the day to operations of the Candid Agile/Scrum development process.
- Exposure to creative approach to design problems, meetings and brainstorming concepts.
- Exposure to the processes and practices of project management for design-related projects.
- Pursuing a degree in computer science or related field.
- Technical inclination with a sound understanding of computers, software development, and a thirst for knowledge.
- Knowledge of T-SQL and SSMS a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET or Python.
- Professional, positive attitude.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.