Data Discovery Indexer (long-term, part-time)
Candid is seeking a Data Discovery Indexer who will review and apply taxonomic coding to a wide variety of global and domestic transactional data, providing analysis and classification of data initiatives and projects that range from human rights to disaster philanthropy.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Data Discovery Indexer (long-term, part-time)
Data Discovery Manager
19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Flexible, with preference given to candidates located in cities where Candid has a larger staff base (Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg, VA)
The Data Discovery Indexer will analyze and classify domestic and non-U.S. transactions by using our Philanthropy Classification, which can be found at taxonomy.candid.org. Focus is on sector-specific areas of giving, especially human rights, peace and security, and disaster philanthropy. The Indexer will enhance, review, and maintain information on domestic and foreign grant recipient organizations through various means of research.
- Classify, edit, key, and proofread foundation grants data using our Philanthropy Classification System.
- Conduct web-based research on grant recipient organizations to update existing and create new records in the Recipient Authority File.
- Prepare funder-submitted grants lists for translation services.
- Provide feedback on improving auto-classification systems and taxonomy.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Two years of indexing or research and data analysis experience required.
- Two years of nonprofit experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications (specifically MS Excel and MS Word) required.
- Able to think categorically, work independently and cooperatively to achieve common goals.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
- College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
HOW TO APPLY
Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time position, please do not apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- The reason you are seeking a part-time position
- The expected length of time you are available to work
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.