Digital Content Manager
Candid is looking for a full-time manager to join the Communications team, working closely with colleagues in branding and marketing across the organization. The role is central to creating, implementing and improving social media strategy for all CandidDotOrg handles. The manager will lead efforts to enhance coordination and collaboration across Candid teams to present a cohesive, unified narrative on all of our digital platforms.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Digital Content Manager
Director of Communications
LOCATION: Flexible, with preference given to candidates located in cities where Candid has a larger staff base (Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg, VA)
As part of the Communications team, the Digital Content Manager will assist with developing Candid’s narrative and establishing its brand by building engagement with our global audience of nonprofits, donors, media, researchers, and more through social media, email, website content, and other platforms. The Digital Content Manager is responsible for creating and implementing social media strategy to provide organization-wide support, helping staff accomplish their goals and objectives, and creating a more cohesive Candid narrative in digital spaces.
- Strengthen and refine Candid’s narrative by creating and establishing editorial calendars for social media, email, and blog/website content.
- Create Candid’s overarching social media strategy and manage its implementation, including direction of social media campaigns, monitoring, and reporting on KPIs.
- Execute Candid’s day-to-day social media strategy. Including but not limited to: planning content, drafting content, creating images, engaging with followers, monitoring channels, analytics reporting, and working with other members of communications team as needed when an organizational response is warranted.
- Plan, administer, and run paid social media ad campaigns.
- Develop social media strategy/campaigns to support the launch of Candid’s external resources, products, and initiatives.
- Design communications materials including PowerPoint presentations, social media images, product collateral, and flyers, working in collaboration with Candid’s design team.
- Support general communications efforts including writing copy, updating webpages, and conducting research to improve Candid’s positioning.
- Contribute to the evolution of Candid’s overall communications strategy in conjunction with the entire communications team.
- Monitor Candid communications to ensure proper use of Candid voice/branding.
- Create and disseminate monthly reports on social media, email, and website growth and engagement.
- Perform additional duties in support of Candid’s broader communications goals.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including successfully creating and implementing social media strategy.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business, Communications Design, (or similar) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Hootsuite or equivalent social media management tool, social media analytics and reporting.
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Cloud skills (InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator).
- Exceptional written and oral communication and creative skills.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and experience with project management.
- Eagerness to learn, expand skills, and try new tools.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with professional quality in a fast-paced work environment.
- Team-player attitude as demonstrated by being flexible and responsible.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.