Knowledge Management Specialist
Candid is looking for a full-time Knowledge Management Specialist to help manage the day-to-day operations of IssueLab, Candid's knowledge management platform.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Knowledge Management Specialist
Director of Knowledge Management Systems
LOCATION: Flexible, with preference given to candidates located in cities where Candid has a larger staff base (Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg, VA)
IssueLab is a knowledge management platform that includes: a digital library where we collect knowledge assets that are funded and/or produced by social sector organizations; a fee-based repository hosting service where we create and maintain "Knowledge Center", "Special Collection" and "Legacy Collection" micro-sites; and, a content distribution service that uses various mechanisms to enable broad distribution of the content we collect across Candid properties and to external data partners and systems. The Knowledge Management Specialist will oversee content and data quality, support end users and clients, help create and maintain hosted repositories, monitor for and report on technical issues across the platform, and assist with outreach and promotion of the platform.
- Help develop and execute a new strategic content plan that supports Candid’s mission and objectives.
- Oversee IssueLab's content approval process according to the inclusion criteria laid out in our collection policy.
- Serve as the first point of contact for end user inquiries and requests for support.
- Work with Candid's marketing and communications teams to promote the platform and content through Candid's channels.
- Add and maintain content for use in the digital library at www.issuelab.org and in hosted repositories.
- Assist with data importing projects.
- Monitor IssueLab content and platform functionality flagging any recurring data or technical problems.
- Regularly report on key performance indicators for IssueLab.
- Maintain technical and administrative documentation as needed, e.g. customer support scripts.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 2-4 years of experience with demonstrated success in supporting an online platform, service, or digital collection.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter who works well independently and possibly remotely, as well as in a team environment.
- Have experience, creativity, and passion for engaging users, supporting their inquiries and enhancing their user experience.
- Ability to plan and implement comprehensive online outreach programs/initiatives.
- Excellent people, communication, and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of the WordPress content management system preferred.
- Familiarity with digital publishing methods and tools, and SEO (e.g., digital object identifiers, Dublin Core vocabulary, Schema.org) a plus.
- Familiarity with structured query language (SQL) and/or Elastic Search a plus.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.