Candid is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer with knowledge of Agile, CI/CD, and DevOps to join our team in New York. The ideal candidate should be methodical and demonstrate accountability, strong communication, and a strong desire to automate tasks.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: DevOps Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
LOCATION: New York, NY
As a DevOps Engineer, work closely with Candid Agile teams to understand automation opportunities, develop recommendations and tasks, and then proceed to implement and coordinate with each team’s support. This position will also assist in providing strategic direction, standards, training, and common tools that can be leveraged to improve overall automation and development processes, with the goal of improving efficiencies and the ability for teams to deliver.
• Assist technical projects through the SDLC process and/or an agile, iterative process by automating tasks.
• Build, maintain and deploy DevOps toolchains to facilitate quality control and continuous delivery pipelines across multiple environments.
• Work with teams to take operational responsibility for their services and to establish processes and monitoring which drives incremental improvement.
• Continuously improve our DevOps and infrastructure to be highly available and scalable (containers, serverless, autoscaling, etc.).
• Identify a standard set of tools and automation processes, to leverage across technical projects.
• Promote internal DevOps knowledge and training.
• Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
• College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
• Experience with one or more DevOps toolchains – Source Control (Git, SVN), TeamCity or Jenkins.
• Knowledge of one or more programming language (Python, C#, Java, etc.) and scripting language (Powershell, Bash)
• Hands-on experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, preferably Amazon Web Services.
• Experience with infrastructure-as-code (with tools like Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.) is preferred.
• Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical abilities.
• Experience in Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, and creative problem solving skills.
• Must be willing to independently learn new technical skills as needed.
• Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
• Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
• Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.