Communications & Impact Analyst
Candid is looking for a full-time analyst to join the Planning team working closely with the Office of the President. This role is central to enhancing Candid’s internal communications function and critical organization-wide initiatives including impact and business analytics evaluation, annual planning, and integration workstream coordination.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Communications & Impact Analyst
Vice President, Planning
LOCATION: Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., or Williamsburg, VA
The Planning team is the hub of communication and coordination among Candid’s Board of Trustees, Executive Team, and staff. In this role, you will be managing the execution of key organization-wide initiatives to promote Candid’s overall cross-departmental collaboration to advance its mission internally: getting you (trustees/staff) the information you (they) need to do good while endorsing Candid’s values. This position works across the organization, and in particular with the Human Resources, Marketing, Communications, Business Systems & Intelligence, and Insights teams as well as the Change Management & Culture workstream.
- Execute Candid’s internal communications strategy: Manage key internal communications assets and channels such as the intranet, instant messaging, organizational announcements, and town halls to ensure alignment with Candid’s mission, values, and brand. Work with content owners from the Executive Team and various departments to create consistent and meaningful messaging.
- Coordinate organizational planning and reporting: Collaborate across the organization on planning and reporting including annual goal-setting and quarterly goals and workstream progress reporting.
- Measure and analyze Candid’s impact and business metrics: Work with the Business Systems & Intelligence team to compile and analyze internal metrics. Partner with the Insights team to monitor and evaluate Candid’s long-term impact.
● 1 -3 years work experience in communications, monitoring & evaluation, and/or project management.
● Curious, agile, hyper-organized, detail-oriented lover of people and processes.
● Excellent speaking and writing skills, and experience communicating across diverse and distributed audiences.
● College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
● Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
● Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
● Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.