Candid is looking for a full-time manager to join the Planning team. This role is central to building Candid’s contracts management processes and systems to optimize internal and external stakeholder effectiveness and satisfaction.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Contracts Manager
Vice President, Planning
LOCATION: Flexible, with preference given to candidates located in cities where Candid has a larger staff base (Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg, VA)
The Planning team is the hub of communication and coordination among Candid’s Board of Trustees, Executive Team, and staff. In this role, you will be managing the execution of a newly established organizational-wide contracts management function to advance Candid’s mission internally: getting you (staff) the information you (they) need to do good while endorsing its values. This position works across the organization, and in particular with the Products, Networks, Insights, Business Systems & Intelligence, and Finance teams.
- Oversee Candid’s contracts tracking system: In partnership with Business Systems & Intelligence and products and programs teams,establish Salesforce as the central repository of customer and partner contracts to track key dates and terms for use by internal stakeholders. Create streamlined policies and processes to facilitate internal stakeholder’s management of customer/partner contractual relationships.
- Coordinate legal review: Manage key external legal counsel relationships to channel review of subscription products, solutions, partnerships, and other direct customer/partner contracts as needed (excludes vendor and staff/HR contracts initially), including owning contract templates.
- Manage general compliance activities: Oversee regulatory and legal compliance activities and its alignment with internal policies and practices in general corporate, non-technology and non-HR areas.
- 4+ years work experience in contracts or project management.
- Curious, agile, hyper-organized, detail-oriented lover of systems and processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a passion for outstanding service to internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Salesforce required.
- College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.