Platform Products Manager
Candid is looking for a full time Platform Products Manager who is eager to maintain and improve the quality of our APIs and Directory Plugins as part of a collaborative, professional team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Platform Products Manager
Senior Director of Technology, Data, and Architecture Strategy
LOCATION: Flexible, with preference given to candidates located in cities where Candid has a larger staff base (Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg, VA)
Manage all phases of APIs and Directory Plugin, and other platform-based white label product lifecycles, ensuring that overall customer experience exceeds expectations. The Product Manager serves as the primary conduit for information flow between and among end users, Software Engineering, Marketing, IT, Research, Sales, Development and the Executive team. They develop and refine product specifications based on market research and segmentation analyses. The Product Manager owns every aspect of end user experience and satisfaction, and is responsible for creating, managing, and monitoring relevant measures of success.
- Create and communicate new product visions and designs for new innovative platform products.
- Own the product roadmap for Candid’s APIs, Directory Plugins, and platform-based products.
- Report on both the business and operational performance of your products and customers.
- Manage the Platform products throughout their lifecycle, including making decisions about positioning, pricing, and version updates.
- Compile and maintain a competitive analysis.
- Serve as the primary conduit for information flow between and among end users, Application Development, Marketing, IT, Research, Sales, Development and the Executive team.
- Develop product launch notes for all new products and major upgrades of existing products.
- Provide an in depth understanding of APIs.
- Create clear measures for product success after the product launches, or enhancements are made.
- Regularly meet with the applicable customer facing teams (e.g., sales reps, customer service, etc.).
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams.
- Serve as Product Owner of an Agile/Scrum team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with software engineers required. Experience with microservices, RESTful APIs, API-driven applications, and/or search engine architecture preferred.
- Experience building and delivering products designed for software engineers. Strong empathy with customers from various backgrounds and levels of expertise
- Ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing – sources.
- Experience working with data and analytics tools to understand customer behavior at scale and interpret metrics about your products.
- Experience selling APIs is preferred.
- Independent, high level of initiative and ownership, ability to coordinate efforts across diverse functional groups.
- Extremely diligent listener and communicator; ability to adapt approach among diverse audiences.
- Extremely flexible and prefers a dynamic, constantly changing work environment.
- Marketing/Communication experience preferred / solid writing skills required.
- Market research experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert on API ecosystems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Development methodology.
- Experience selling API’s into small- or large-scale companies.
- College (or advanced/graduate) degree preferred; relevant experience or skill set will also be considered.
- 3-5 years of Product Manager experience.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter for the position to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.