Candid is looking for a full time development assistant to be an integral part of the Development team. The Development Assistant will work with the development manager to ensure the proper recording, processing and acknowledgment of gifts and pledges; help increase our general operating support through prospecting and donor stewardship; and provide administrative support.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Development Assistant
LOCATION: New York, NY
Candid's Development team manages general operating support, capital, and special project grants and engages directly with a diverse network of nearly 500 donors. The resourceful, self-motivated, conscientious, and detail-oriented Development Assistant provides assistance with fundraising efforts on a full-time basis.
• Work with the entire development department to be the key point person in organizing, maintaining, and updating information, files and data on our donors and prospects
• Update donor records with current information on deadlines, contact information, key funding interests, reporting deadlines and other notes and actions
• Assist Development Manager in maintaining the department’s Salesforce donor database
• Work with accounting and finance and other departments as needed to make sure donor and grant records are in sync with financial records
• Oversee the department’s filing system and electronic records; help the department keep these up to date both in hard copy and via shared drive
• Organize and maintain naming and filing systems that streamline interactions with donors and our ability to locate myriad documents/interactions
• Prepare acknowledgement letters and stewardship correspondence for all grants
• Maintain a portfolio of small and online general operating support grants for current and prospective donors, which will include preparing letters of intent, proposals, and other documentation as needed
• Conduct research on prospective donors through Foundation Directory Online, Foundation Maps, and other sources
• Assist with grant reporting as needed
• Research and identify key trends in the sector that apply to Candid’s work
• Make calls to funders regarding status of submitted proposals
• Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- College (or advanced/graduate ) degree preferred; relevant experience or skill set will also be considered
- Minimum of 1-2 years of applicable experience
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite, and a curiosity to learn new technologies
- Track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and demands
- Written communication skills
- Ease in interacting with others
- An appreciation for the nonprofit sector
- Experience with fundraising software, particularly Salesforce
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.