Director of Network Engagement
Candid is seeking a seasoned leader to oversee the development and scaling of its physical network across the globe!
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Director of Network Engagement
Vice President of Social Sector Outreach
5 full time team members (oversight of 6)
LOCATION: New York, NY
Launched in 1959, the Funding Information Network (FIN) enables Candid’s resources to reach thousands people and nonprofits in communities across United States and around the world. The network consists of 400+ partner organizations (libraries, nonprofit resource centers, community foundations, and more) that host Candid databases and training support, available at no cost to their local communities. The Director of Network Engagement provides strategic and operational leadership for Candid’s Network Engagement team. S/he will be charged with the expansion, engagement, retention, and quality improvement of the FIN program as we look to further scale its footprint and impact across the globe.
- Leads the strategic, programmatic, and operational development of the Network Engagement team and the FIN program.
- Serves as principal budget owner for the Network Engagement team.
- Sets annual goals, policies, and practices for the FIN program.
- Closely monitors and reports on progress towards key performance indicators for the FIN program.
- Manages and coaches a diverse team, distributed across several time-zones, serving as a steward of their professional growth and potential.
- Provides guidance to staff, ensuring successful customer service experiences for FIN partners, and high-quality experiences for FIN users.
- Makes decisions around platforms supporting the FIN program and ensures team adoption of Candid-wide systems.
- Provide direct support and outreach on Network Engagement-related issues to FIN partners, as well as internal staff teams; serves as point of escalation, where necessary.
- Serves as an advocate and champion for the Network Engagement team and FIN program, taking a lead role in communicating the value of the program both internally and externally.
- Stewards collaborative working relationships across departments to ensure enhanced services and resources for the FIN partnership package.
- Participates in Candid leadership initiatives, contributing to key decision-making activities, maintaining feedback loops, and managing change as needed.
- Support Social Sector Outreach activities with an “all-hands-on-deck” spirit as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as requested.
- 10+ years in leadership roles (people, budgets, and strategy).
- Experience building, leading, and stewarding global networks/partnerships.
- Fluency in a second language preferred.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Candid’s mission.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, agility, cultural and emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in the social sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse constituencies and build relationships; all of this in an international context is highly desirable.
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control, and performance.
- Ability and flexibility to deal well with ambiguity and the changing nature of a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Comfort with delivering presentations to group, with proven public speaking experience.
- Patience, perseverance, and follow-through to work with multiple departments to achieve program goals.
- Strong communications skills – verbal, written, and digital – as well as an innate creative. spark and enthusiasm for communicating with stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25-35% of the time and network extensively on behalf of Candid and the FIN program.
- Experience in CRM software (NetSuite and Salesforce) a plus.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and detail/deadline orientation a must.
- College (or advanced/graduate ) degree preferred; relevant experience or skill set will also be considered
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.