Director of Partnerships – South
Candid is looking for a full-time Director of Partnerships who will contribute to Candid’s presence in the South by building strategic relationships, raising support, serving as thought leader, and connecting regional needs to Candid solutions.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Director of Partnerships – South
Senior Director of Partnerships
LOCATION: Flexible within the southern regional states (AL, AR, GA, FL, KY, LA, NC, SC, MS, TN, and TX) with preference given to candidates located in Atlanta, GA
Social Sector Outreach
The Director of Partnerships - South, is a dynamic leadership position within Candid. As Director of Partnerships, you will play a strategic role in elevating Candid’s presence and impact throughout the South, a territory of 11 states (AL, AR, GA, FL, KY, LA, NC, SC, MS, TN, TX). You will be charged with identifying, cultivating and strengthening relationships with primary stakeholders, surfacing regional sector needs and connecting them to Candid products and solutions where they exist, while contributing to new Candid innovations and piloting new solutions in the field where they don’t. You will serve as external influencer for Candid, representing the organization as thought leaders in the field. You will also work as internal ambassadors, advocating within the organization for the needs of your region and the trends you are seeing on the ground.
- Fund Developer
- Maintain and strengthen existing funder relationships to support our work in the region.
- Identify and cultivate new sources of revenue including regional support, special projects, pilot initiatives, etc.
- Oversee and execute all regional grant proposals as well as interim updates and final reports for funders.
- Ensure that proposals are developed in a way that sets up other Candid teams for successful execution of excellent service to our partners.
- Establish a plan to meet or exceed revenue targets for the region.
- Relationship Builder and Connector
- Identify, cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external partners with existing or potential alignment with Candid strategic initiatives. The goal is to generate revenue, goodwill and advancement of the sector. Potential partners include funders, government entities, funder and nonprofit membership associations, other social sector actors.
- Leverage existing or develop new networks to secure and mobilize introductions and referrals to prioritized potential partners.
- On an ongoing basis, know and track the “market” throughout the region - identifying needs, solutions, and partnerships that align with our strategy and propel us toward growing impact in the region.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that engagement of potential partners is coordinated across all teams' efforts. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to strategize on relationship targets and enhancements and work together on projects. Navigate and activate supports and resources across the organization to support regional efforts.
- Thought Leader
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the surrounding ecosystems, key trends and emerging opportunities in the region that support Candid mission and strategy.
- Curate data, information and insights to support data driven decision making and practices to support local, regional and national philanthropic impact.
- Represent Candid at regional conferences and convenings, assuming speaker or moderator roles as appropriate to elevate Candid’s visibility and position as a trusted thought partner.
- Serve as regional ambassador to internal stakeholders by sharing on-the-ground insights, needs, and emerging trends. Periodically present to the Executive Leadership team the view from the field.
- Plan and implement virtual and in-person touch points with regional partners and stakeholders to share and gather feedback on Candid’s business model, product mix and strategy, test new innovations, and create a feedback loop for Candid existing and planned services.
- Support regional activities with an “all-hands-on-deck” spirit as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Deep knowledge and roots in the social sector. Mission-driven with a professional demeanor and a passion for social change.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in business development, non-profit management, or the equivalent.
- Collegial and collaborative with an ease for nurturing internal and external partnerships.
- Innovative and solutions-minded, willing to experiment.
- Attentive listener and master communicator who can relate to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to hold a critical role in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands, while remaining flexible and meeting deadlines with quality work.
- Organized and detail oriented with proven ability to develop systems and processes to track details and implement workflows; Able to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Solid experience with Microsoft office and customer relationship management software.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time (estimated) for regional stakeholder meetings, conferences, events, as well as to organizational- or division-wide meetings nationally.
- College (or advanced/graduate ) degree preferred; relevant experience or skill set will also be considered
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.