Programs Assistant (long-term, part-time)
Candid is looking for three Programs Assistants who are highly-organized team players to provide programming and logistical support for Candid’s Programs for each of our regions – Midwest, South, and Northeast.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Programs Assistant (long-term, part-time)
Flexible hours, maximum of 19 hours per week, from Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Northeast - Washington D.C.
As a valued member of our team, the Programs Assistant will provide programming and logistical support for Candid’s Programs team members in their region of the USA.
- Community programs support: provide logistical and administrative support for community programs, including facilitating communication with location, adding community programs on GrantSpace, assisting with marketing and communications of programs, managing registration, classroom setup, event registration, managing materials and supplies, administering program surveys, and other logistical support as needed. Coordinate with regional program manager to assess level of support required.
- Trainer support: provide support to regional program manager as needed, including preparing materials for trainings, email communication with registrants, logistics, location set-up, and other duties as assigned by the regional program manager.
- Funding Information Network (FIN) support: provided administrative and logistical support to the regional Funding Information Network manager as needed, including supporting events or trainings for or at local FINs, general FIN customer service support, assistance with marketing and promoting local FINs, and tracking FIN stats, etc.
- Support regional activities with an “all-hands-on-deck” spirit as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Prior experience working as a program assistant in a relevant field.
- Proficient with computer technology and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor to meet with clients and customers.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Sharp attention to detail with an extraordinary ability to multitask.
- Reliable and diligent worker.
- Able to sit, stand and move around for long hours at a time.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
HOW TO APPLY
We're looking for candidates who want long-term, non-benefits eligible, part-time employment. Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time or benefits eligible position, please do not apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title and region of the position you are applying for in the subject line. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Which region your application is for (Northeast, South, or Midwest)
- The reason you are seeking a part-time employment
- Your desired hourly wage
- The expected length of time you desire part-time work
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.