Candid is looking for a full-time Partnerships Associate who is eager to support fund development and collaboration efforts as part of a dynamic regional partnerships team charged with representing Candid in the regions through relationship building, thought leadership, fund raising, and as connectors of regional needs to Candid solutions.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Partnerships Associate
Director of Partnerships
LOCATION: Oakland, CA, preferred with preference given to candidates located in cities where Candid has a larger staff base (Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg, VA)
As Partnership Associate, you will provide critical support to the dynamic and fast-moving regional partnership team comprised of the director of partnerships to whom this position reports, and four regional directors of partnerships based in Atlanta, Cleveland, Oakland, and Washington, DC. This highly visible partnership team is responsible for elevating Candid’s presence in each of the regions, serving as Candid ambassadors, thought leaders and fund developers. You will research prospects for regional partnerships and assist the team by developing and maintaining processes and materials for fund development and relationship management which will ensure collective success. You will become well-versed in Candid products and services to help identify solutions for regional needs, and creatively identify opportunities to connect the dots to Candid existing or proposed solutions. You are a team player and enjoy the role of ambassador both internally and externally.
- Fund Development Support
- Using best practices in fundraising planning, maintain a master schedule of grant renewal, proposal, and reporting deadlines.
- Partner with regional directors to coordinate on-time, quality proposal and report submissions.
- Shepherd contracts through the internal approval process.
- Update Salesforce opportunities and accounts accordingly.
- In collaboration with development, finance and partnership teams, maintain master proposal/reporting templates, regional budgets and other supporting documents to be used for submissions. Produce master PDFs to package proposals and reports.
- Research potential partnership prospects that can elevate Candid’s position in the specific regions as well as nationally, and that align with Candid strategy and services.
- Internal Liaison
- Become and remain well-versed in Candid products and services to help identify potential regional partnership opportunities. Serve as the eyes and ears internally for the team and communicate updates to regional directors that may impact their work in the field.
- Work with appropriate teams to identify and develop materials that can communicate Candid’s value proposition and can be used by regional partnership directors for both internal and external meetings, as well as conferences and speaking engagements.
- Serve as master scheduler for regional team meetings.
- Collect and report data that supports the team’s progress toward our Key Performance Indicators.
- Support regional activities with an “all-hands-on-deck” spirit as needed
- Performs other duties and special projects as needed/required.
- 3+ years of experience working in nonprofit fund development or related field.
- Excellent writing skills, and experience producing grant proposals and/or promotional materials.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and detail/deadline orientation a must.
- Congenial and adept at engaging with varied personalities and audiences.
- Creative problem solver with an orientation toward social impact.
- Experience working with a dispersed and remote team located across the country preferred.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office and customer relationship management software. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Occasional travel for regional partnership team-related or organizational-wide meetings, as well as for conference support, may be necessary.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- College degree preferred; advanced undergraduates will also be considered.
- Sensitivity and respect for equity, inclusion, cultural differences, and diverse perspectives.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter with expected salary for the position to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.