Candid is looking for a full-time Software Engineer to develop complex WordPress websites and maintain multi-site WordPress instances.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Software Engineer
Managing Director of Web Design and Development
1 direct report
LOCATION: Downtown NYC
Working with Candid’s web design and development team, build innovative web applications to provide a variety of interactive resources to the social sector. Maintain and enhance codebase for multi-site WordPress platforms.
- Create WordPress websites with advanced functionality, including event registration, data visualization, complex search and filtering, blogs, and design new functionality as needed.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture and work with other software engineers to integrate content and data feeds.
- Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites, and incorporate enhancements into the core code (i.e., parent theme).
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software.
- Optimize software and servers to ensure responsiveness, efficiency, security, and data protection.
- Work with external consulting teams on specialized functionality (e.g., e-commerce, e-learning, and other integrations).
- Work with designers and front-end developers to create innovative and responsive user interfaces using current user experience (UX) design standards and tools.
- Act as technical lead on select projects, working closely with team members from across the organization to develop detailed specifications, project deliverables, and timelines.
- Maintain thorough technical documentation.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related.
- 3-5 years of experience in open source CMS programming, including full stack WordPress development.
- Knowledge of SQL, web server administration, AWS, and Agile software development processes.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter who works well independently as well in a team environment. Project leadership experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with a variety of staff and consultants.
- Sensitivity and respect for equity, inclusion, cultural differences, and diverse perspectives.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.