Marketing Liaison (West / Midwest / South)
Candid is looking for a full time marketing liaison who is creative, organized, and resourceful, with the ability to work independently alongside other initiative-takers as part of a remote team across time zones.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Marketing Liaison (West / Midwest / South)
LOCATION: Flexible, Remote possible (preference given to candidates located in cities where Candid has a larger staff base: Atlanta, Cleveland, New York City, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg, VA)
Lead on execution of all regional communications for the Midwest, South, and Western regions.
- Responsible for marketing promotions for Social Sector Outreach (SSO)’s Western, Midwestern, and Southern regions.
- Work in Salesforce, Hootsuite, and Canva to create and schedule all digital and print promotions and collateral (location targeted social media promotions will be done through Hootsuite, and emails will be set up, tested, and scheduled through Salesforce Marketing Cloud); also includes scheduling and maintaining Funding Information Network (FIN) partner callouts; serve as the primary regional connection point for all teams in creating regional flyers, social and print ads, etc. in Canva; and handle requests for promo packs.
- Oversee editorial calendars to coordinate targeted social media promotions (plus paid campaigns) and enews for 3 regions (West, Midwest, and South), coordinating regularly and directly with FIN and Programs staff in those regions to ensure promotions are comprehensive and aligned with priorities.
- Provide support for region-specific or national/global SSO campaigns and other special programming as needed.
- Support regional activities with an “all-hands-on-deck” spirit as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as needed/required
- Creative, flexible, energetic, highly organized, resourceful, optimistic, personable, and a quick study.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently alongside other initiative-takers in a goal driven environment, and with remote team members across time zones.
- At least two years’ experience in using various forms of social media, including metrics and best practices. Familiarity with Hootsuite (or a similar social media management platform) and Salesforce (or a similar email marketing automation platform) a strong plus.
- Experience in publishing within a content management system; familiarity with WordPress a plus.
- Experience in image editing using design software like Photoshop or Canva required.
- Strong copy-editing skills - can be relied upon to find the missing typos.
- Comfortable adopting a consistent voice for content marketing; prior experience doing this for diverse organizations.
- High degree of comfort using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and etc.
- Knowledge of the social sector and some work experience in the sector preferred.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and detail oriented and must be uncomfortable with breaking deadlines.
- College degree preferred; advanced undergraduates will also be considered.
- Sensitivity and respect for equity, inclusion, cultural differences, and diverse perspectives.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter with expected salary for the position to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.