Knowledge Services Assistant (long-term, part-time)
Candid is looking for a part-time Knowledge Services Assistant who is highly organized and detail-oriented to join our team, which is at the forefront of research, insights, and thought leadership for the organization.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Knowledge Services Assistant (long-term, part-time)
Director, Global Projects & Partnerships
19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: New York, NY
The part-time Knowledge Services Assistant position provides an exceptional opportunity to learn about philanthropy and civil society, both domestically and internationally. The position involves providing support on a variety of projects, from community foundations to funding for disasters and humanitarian crises. This position is well-suited for an advanced undergraduate student, graduate student, or early-career social science researcher interested in gaining experience.
- Assist in data review and data cleaning for various research projects and online platforms
- Prepare summary data tables for analysis
- Conduct literature reviews and other qualitative background research
- Curate a digital library of case studies, evaluations, and reports and upload files into an online database
- Review and refresh online content and track website analytics
- Prepare PowerPoint slides, handouts, and other presentation materials
- Perform administrative and other duties, as assigned.
- College degree; advanced undergraduates will also be considered.
- You have a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You have strong organizational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- You’re very comfortable using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- You have experience and/or interest in analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data and working with large data sets.
- You’re comfortable working independently.
- You have a positive attitude and are willing to help wherever it is most needed.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
HOW TO APPLY
We're looking for candidates who want long-term temporary, non-benefits eligible, part-time employment. Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time or benefits eligible position, please do not apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter with expected salary for the position to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.