Marketing and Communications Associate
Candid is looking for a full time Marketing and Communications Associate who will support the day-to-day activities of the marketing and communications team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Marketing and Communications Associate
Marketing and Outreach Manager
LOCATION: Washington, DC
Born from the joining of Foundation Center and GuideStar in February 2019, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. The job of Candid’s marketing and communications team is to get the right resources to as many people as possible. We believe the more users who use and find value in our resources, the greater the difference we can make in the world.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, the Marketing and Communications Associate will assist our efforts to grow the Candid brand by sharing our products and services with our global audience of nonprofits, donors, media, researchers, and more and promoting our mission.
- Execute Candid’s day-to-day social media strategy. Including but not limited to: drafting content, creating images, engaging with followers, and monitoring channels
- Design print and online marketing materials including: PowerPoint presentations, social media images, product collateral, and flyers
- Support general marketing efforts including: writing copy, updating webpages, and conducting research to improve Candid’s position in the marketplace
- Contribute to the evolution of Candid’s overall engagement strategy in conjunction with the broader MarComm team. Including: management of the editorial content calendar and tracking social media metrics
- Support the launch of Candid’s external resources and campaigns
- Monitor and measure monthly engagement metrics to update and create reports as needed
- Monitor earned media mentions and track key coverage
- Assist staff in preparing for speaking opportunities and conference sponsorships
- Assist with content creation for the Candid blog and newsletter
- Perform additional duties in support of Candid’s broader marketing and communications goals
- 1 year of relevant work or volunteer experience
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business (or similar) or equivalent work experience
- Experience or strong interest in designing marketing materials (print and online)
- Exceptional written and oral communication and creative skills
- Eagerness to learn, expand skills, and try new tools
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with professional quality in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player attitude, demonstrated by being flexible and responsible
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.