Candid Support Liaison (Online Librarian)
Candid is looking for a passionate, energetic, and experienced professional to provide customer support services to help nonprofits do good in the world.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Candid Support Liaison (Online Librarian)
35 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Any Candid Office Location (Atlanta, Cleveland, New York, Oakland, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg)
The Candid Support Liaison provides email, telephone, and live chat support to Candid’s nonprofit stakeholders and external audiences. Activities include daily customer interface, channeling escalations to appropriate resources, understanding and making recommendations regarding nonprofit needs especially advancing through Candid’s GuideStar Profiles for nonprofits, and documenting customer-facing activity in appropriate systems. Provides backup to other functions within the team.
This position is well-suited for someone who has customer service/success skills, reference or research background, aptitude for working with the public, and the ability to balance a diverse set of responsibilities.
- Learns and develops expertise in the subject matter and systems of the Candid Support team.
- Serves as a bridge between internal support teams, sharing knowledge and advancing best practices.
- Serves as liaison with designated teams across Candid.
- Manages nonprofit-related call, live chat, and email queues and responds in a timely, knowledgeable, and courteous manner.
- Troubleshoots any technical issues identified by nonprofits or external users and escalate to other personnel as needed.
- Uses experience and expertise in making recommendations that will improve department efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Identify and communicate trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
- Serves as back-up to other Candid Support personnel.
- Ability to use online forums such as chat, social networks, and blogs to effectively communicate with external audiences.
- Effectively communicate and support nonprofit information sharing.
- Assists with creating FAQs.
- Participates in cross departmental training and other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred; advanced undergraduates will also be considered.
- Reference, research or library background is preferred.
- You possess knowledge and experience working in or with the nonprofit sector.
- You adapt easily to new technologies.
- You are a team player.
- You have a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- You are a quick learner.
- You have a positive attitude and are willing to help wherever it is most needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.