Business Development Associate - East of Mississippi
Candid is looking for a full time Business Development Associate who is eager to help grow our sustainable revenue as part of a collaborative, professional team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Business Development Associate - East of Mississippi
Senior Director, National Sales
Core work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Remote – East of Mississippi
Help a great team take their work to the next level bybuilding alignment between sales, marketing, customer care and other key functions as well as being the driver for continuous improvement as part of our direct sales organization and helping us generate new revenue from the sale of Products and Services in cooperation with Business Development Directors.
Direct Sales Activities:
- Serves as a subject-matter-expert on GuideStar product and services and advises customers and prospective customers on the uses and benefits of products.
- Advocates the value-proposition of GuideStar products and encourages clients and prospective clients to make purchases of products.
- Conducts direct sales billing through CRM
- Provisions services to paying clients and tracks activity though CRM.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner and determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
Sales Enablement Activities:
- Uses experience and expertise in making recommendations that will improve department efficiency and/or effectiveness or that assist revenue objectives.
- Exercise judgment in decisions to involve other GuideStar team members appropriately.
- Work with Director, sales team, and marketing staff to develop approach to leads monitoring, and ensure timely and accurate capture and analysis of pipeline, prospect, client and other related revenue data.
- Compile and distribute reports on sales strategy effectiveness.
- Work as liaison with marketing to identify, evaluate, and prioritize next highest value process improvement opportunities and coordinate with other departments to implement solutions.
- Work closely with team leads to support training and use of mission-critical tools and resources, including Salesforce, HubSpot and others.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the GuideStar team
- Identify and communicate trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Serves as back-up to other Business personnel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2+ years of customer service, marketing, sales experience, project management; Nonprofit Sector knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional interpersonal, administrative, organizational skills, and a thorough attention to detail
- Ability to provide support services to major customer groups in a professional, knowledgeable, and articulate manner i.e. Financial Services, CPA’s, Attorneys
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a creative problem solver
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Process orientation with superb analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong Technical Skills: Excel, CRM systems especially SalesForce, PowerPoint, HubSpot, Power BI or Tableau experience helpful
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.