Sr. Software Tester-Quality Assurance Engineer
Candid is looking for a full time Sr. Software Tester-Quality Assurance Engineer who is eager to help maintain the high quality of our website as part of a collaborative, professional team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Sr. Software Tester-Quality Assurance Engineer
Senior Director, Technology, Application Development
Core work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Williamsburg, VA
As a senior member of the Information Technology team, this candidate will take an active part in the ownership of the quality of software products. Responsibilities include the design, architecture, and implementation of complete solutions to testing software and quality assurance.
- Develop and refine the “done” criteria for user stories along with the product owner and the agile team and execute test cases to ensure their completion.
- Execute test cases based on functional specifications for new products as well as change requests (defects, enhancements, new features functionality).
- Create, maintain, and execute automated functional and regression testing, stress and load testing of Web site and applications.
- Document, troubleshoot, and isolate problems encountered during testing.
- Own problems in the Web sites and applications and assist in resolving problems.
- Work with members of the application development, product management, and QA teams to ensure high-quality applications.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software products.
- Help improve all the products the team works on by participating in Agile team meetings.
- Work with the Product Management group to ensure that testing adheres to the schedule.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Work with varied customer population to identify, diagnose, and isolate bugs, issues, and new feature requests based on an online help desk tracking system and customer contact.
- Communicate (electronically and verbally) with customers in non-technical language (i.e.: customer service experience) with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Establish and maintain an intimate working knowledge of appropriate products.
- Use Rally to track, manage, and document reported bugs.
- Expertise with database testing. Demonstrated ability to write SQL queries and scripts.
- Expertise with development and testing in the Microsoft .Net architecture and toolset.
- Ability to create and maintain automated testing scripts.
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in software testing/quality assurance of software applications or a demonstrated capability to design, create, and maintain automated tests.
- Solid expertise developing test plans/strategies, test cases, and test scripts and traceability process of requirements to test cases.
- Expertise working with translating requirements to test cases.
- Expertise planning and estimating testing duration and effort.
- Expertise with load and stress testing.
- Expertise working on multiple testing projects at a time.
- SDLC and testing methodologies, principles, and techniques must be understood in order to take defined objectives and produce quality results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and thrive on technical challenges.
- Must have strong organizational skills and possess a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Experience with LoadRunner or Visual Studio 2015 testing tools.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.