Marketing Specialist, NYC
Candid is seeking a creative, technically savvy, detail-oriented marketer with HTML and Google AdWords expertise to drive implementation and support for Candid’s subscription products.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Marketing Specialist, NYC
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
Candid is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join its New York team. As the Marketing Specialist you will be responsible for the successful implementation of customer lifecycle marketing campaigns for Candid’s subscription product lines. You will collaborate and support the Marketing Manager and product teams and ensure successful product launches, content strategies, acquisition and retention campaigns that drive earned revenue to support both the social sector and mission of Candid. The goal is to deliver marketing initiatives across digital, print, and conference events that meet product expectations of the brand and business timely and efficiently.
- Work with internal design team to create internal and external ads across digital platforms to support subscription and API product lines.
- Manage all logistical components for promotions—including cross-product promotions-- by coordinating with all internal and external stakeholders, managing the project calendar, and reporting on each promotion.
- Building and optimizing Google Ads campaigns.
- Work with the marketing manager to brainstorm and write creative briefs for marketing campaigns and develop the email marketing for campaigns.
- Responsibilities include hitting engagement goals, increasing awareness and conversion for new product lines, and managing all account communications including payment and renewals.
- Develop new and maintain existing email templates to increase the effectiveness of email marketing in order to increase sales, retention, and create a unified brand experience
- Continuously test, analyze, and optimize email campaigns based on content, image, subject line, and design
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and make recommendations to optimize current and future campaigns .
- Synthesize and interpret customer, campaign and research data into tangible, action-oriented strategies to increase customer engagement, retention, and LTV.
- Support for all logistics associated with the implementation of go-to-market project plans.
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Copy writing experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing, executing and measuring multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns.
- Interpret campaign results to determine the effectiveness of marketing efforts, summarize analysis for discussions with senior management, set priorities, and initiate new campaigns.
- Ability to collaborate across organizations, working with key support areas to effectively execute campaigns including technology, operations, and creative partners.
- Technical skills:
- Google Ads (Certification preferred)
- Proficient with HTML
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar ESP)
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Google Analytics (Certification preferred)
- MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or public relations
- 3-5 years of marketing experience (organization, agency or consultant)
- Proficiency in Email HTML is required
- Proficiency in Google AdWords and Google Analytics (Certification preferred)
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector preferred, but not mandatory
- Commitment to the nonprofit sector essential
- Strong project management
- Experience in product marketing and /or subscription services is preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Team player and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.